Register and Be Recognized
The Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol™ recognition program acknowledges ambulatory health centers and systems in their efforts to reduce heart attacks and strokes by appropriately managing cholesterol in their at-risk patient populations. The program is designed to help participants improve clinical practice while being celebrated for their hard work and dedication throughout the process.
Outpatient facilities and care teams play an important role in high cholesterol management and should be recognized for their efforts. View the full list of our 2022 nationally recognized organizations.
We will help promote your success as an example for others to follow. Each Participant and Gold Award recipient will receive a certificate to display their commitment and accomplishment in managing high cholesterol. More information on award levels and the submission process can be found below in our downloadable recognition resources.
Promotion from the AHA via media and event recognition
Media assets for community recognition
Toolkit of materials and digital assets such as a template press release and award images
To register, you will need to know:
- Your organization’s total adult (21-75 years) patient population count
- The total number of clinical providers in your organization
- Your organization’s total adult number of patients that are a race other than white and/or identify as Latino or Hispanic ethnicity
- The total number of clinic locations in your health system
- Your organization's characteristics, such as multi-specialty, Federally Qualified Health Center, etc.
Step 1: New Participant Registration
Registration is available year-round. All practices should register with the Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol program whether they would like to submit for Participation or Gold awards or not.
- Registrants will have access to the latest program information, tools, and resources. You will also receive timely information about data submission and recognition opportunities.
- Previously registered participants do not need to re-register year-to-year.
Step 2: Recognition Data Submission
- Sites that would like to be considered for either award level will be required to submit information for the previous calendar year in our data submission platform. To get started, listen to our Data Submission 101 webinar(link opens in new window).(link opens in new window)
- Recognition data submission closes on May 19, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST for all award eligibility.
- We’ve created new, short tutorial videos:
- Registered organizations will be sent platform login credentials from ‘AHA Support’ via email within 72 hours of registration.
- Do you have a questions or need support? Contact us.(link opens in new window)
Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol Related Resources
Data Submission Quick User Guide
Use this downloadable step-by-step guide to get started submitting your data.
Data Collection Worksheet
This short downloadable document will help registrants prepare for the application process.
Use this downloadable document to preview our registration and recognition process
Recognition Fact Sheet
Find an overview of the program benefits and how to participate.
Frequently asked questions about the Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol Recognition Program.