Financial Stress Losing Money Infographic
2 Hidden Ways You Might Be Losing Money
84% of U.S. adults report feeling stressed about money.
These tips can help you save more and feel better.
Stop food waste and save on groceries.
- There could be $1,500 hiding in your grocery bags.
- The average family of four loses about $125 a month in uneaten food.
- Before you shop, see what you already have.
- Use a shopping list.
- Don’t shop on an empty stomach.
- Look for the sales, especially on produce.
- Store brands are usually cheaper.
- Frozen or canned fruit and veggies often cost less.
Stop the subscription creep.
Most of us underestimate subscription costs. The average is $237 per month, but most people guess $79.
- Ask: “Is it really a necessity?” “Will it make me happier and healthier?”
- CANCEL “Not using it” “High Cost, hardly used”
- RECONSIDER “Low cost, hardly used”
- KEEP “Highly used and valued”
- Set a reminder to cancel new services before they charge or renew.
- Don’t forget about subscriptions for music, gaming, dating, meal kits, pet supplies or cloud storage.