Tips to Lower Stress Infographic
Try these tips to get out of stress fast.
- Count to 10 before you speak or react.
- Take a few slow, deep breaths until you feel your body unclench a bit.
- Go for a walk, even if it’s just to the restroom and back. It can help break the tension and give you a chance to think things through.
- Try a quick meditation or prayer to get some perspective.
- If it’s not urgent, sleep on it and respond tomorrow. This works especially well for stressful emails and social media trolls.
- Walk away from the situation for a while, and handle it later once things have calmed down.
- Break down big problems into smaller parts. Take one step at a time instead of trying to tackle everything at once.
- Chill out with music or an inspiration podcast to help you rage less on the road.
- Take a break to pet a dog, hug a loved one or help someone out.
- Work out or do something active. Exercise is one of the best antidotes for stress.
Get more wellness tips at heart.org/HealthyForGood